Marion qualified as a Solicitor in 1976. Marion specialises in Family Law and has been involved in many of the leading cases in this jurisdiction. Marion has lectured and written on the subject extensively.
Marion worked with the Legal Aid Board in various Law Centres between 1982 and 2006. During that period she gained extensive experience in all areas of Family Law and was involved in many leading cases such as the leading case of Keegan –v- Ireland which changed the Law in this jurisdiction regarding rights of natural fathers to apply for Guardianships of their child.
She has represented clients in all Courts – District Court, Circuit Court, High Court and Supreme Court. Marion was a member of the Civil Legal Aid Advisory Committee to the Government advising and making proposals in relation to the placing of the Legal Aid Board on a statutory footing.
Marion has recently been appointed as Chair of the Family Lawyers Association.
- Membership of the American Bar Association
- Membership of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Committee Member ART Committee (Assisted Reproductive Technology)
- Member of The International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (IAML)
- Family Lawyers Association (Marion was recently appointed as Chair of the FLA)
- International Academy of Corroborative Practitioners
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Re-Unite International Child Abduction Centre (England)
- Lecturer and Tutor in Family Law for the Law Society of Ireland
- Board Member of Sonas Housing Association Limited
- Board Member of Aim Family Services , Dame Street, Dublin 2